- 6 granny smith apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup maple sugar or organic sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups sprouted flour (gluten or non-gluten)
- 3 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 cups maple sugar or organic sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten - organic or pastured
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons full fat milk
- Peel and chop apples (this cake would be great using pears as well) into a bowl.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Add ½ cup maple sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to bowl.
- Toss apples well and set aside. In a large bowl measure flour, 2 cups maple sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Stir to blend well.
- Add coconut oil and eggs and stir.
- Add milk and blend well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13“ baking dish.
- Spoon the chopped apples over the batter.
- Sprinkle with extra maple or coconut sap sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until done.
- Great by itself or with whipped cream.
Jeff and I even enjoy it warm with butter and honey for breakfast.
Share this Recipe