- 3 1/2 cups sprouted organic flour
- 2 cups whole organic buttermilk (maybe a little less)
- 4 tbsp organic butter or lard
- 1 1/2 tsps sea salt
- 2 tsps aluminum-free baking soda
- Mix flour with buttermilk by hand, in electric stand mixer or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth dough forms.
- Remove dough to a well-floured pastry cloth or table sprinkled with additional sprouted flour to prevent sticking.
- Flour rolling pin.
- Roll dough to about ¾-1 inch thickness.
- Cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter or glass and place on a buttered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes if using a convection oven.
Share this Recipe